Two Day Advanced Training: Safety, dignity and wellbeing within societal contexts of family violence
This training builds further on the overarching concepts of coercive control, entrapment and resistance presented in our One Day Training: Responding to People Experiencing Family Violence. For these two days, Shine brings together our service experts alongside guest speakers who are specialists in their respective fields. Throughout this training, there will be opportunities to learn how to respond in ways that uphold dignity and build on safety for people experiencing violence.
Prerequisite: One Day Training: Responding to People Experiencing Family Violence or if you have attended equivalent training, please contact us to discuss.
The learning objectives for the training are to:
- Further develop an understanding regarding concepts of coercive control, entrapment and resistance which inform a response-based approach
- Explore the complexity of risk and safety for people experiencing violence, and ways of responding that uphold dignity and wellbeing
- Understand the broader societal contexts that are present for people who are experiencing domestic violence: including awareness of cultural perceptions, dynamics of gender, rainbow communities (LGBTQI) and people with disabilities
- Discuss change pathways for men who use violence
- Develop and maintain safe practice
Shine trainers are experienced educators and practitioners in the field of domestic violence, which ensures a rich learning experience for attendees.
Training Dates (all training days are 9am to 4pm):
- 23-24 November 2021
- 24-25 May 2022
If you would like to be notified about future dates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Training Venue: Shine office, Ground Floor, 409 New North Rd, Kingsland
*If cost is a barrier to you or anyone in your organisation attending this training, please let us know and we will try to find a way to accommodate you. Contact: email@example.com
If you wish to be sent an invoice for payment instead, please contact us.
Lunch and refreshments provided.
Dietary requirements: When you register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any dietary requirements, i.e. vegetarian, vegan, or gluten free. We will do our best to accommodate your dietary requirements.
Please arrive in plenty of time to find parking on Bond Street or on surrounding streets.
Download map of parking around Shine’s Kingsland office.
Spaces are limited, so register now to book your space.
- 10 WORKING DAYS OR MORE or more prior to course date: you are eligible for a full refund of payment minus $20 admin fee, or you may reschedule at no additional charge
- 4-9 WORKING DAYS prior to course date: you are eligible for a refund of 50% of your training fee, or you may reschedule to a later date at no additional charge
- 3 WORKING DAYS OR LESS prior to course date: No refunds, however you may reschedule to a later training date for an additional fee of 50% of your training fee
- If the course you register for is cancelled by Shine, you may elect to have your payment refunded or reschedule to a later training date.
Please note: If you register for this training and Auckland moves into a COVID alert level 3 or 4, we will notify you of the training cancellation as soon as possible, and you may choose to either transfer your registration to another training date or receive a full refund.
In order to request a refund or to reschedule your training date, please email email@example.com.
$529.00 incl. GST