One Day Introductory Training: Responding Effectively to People Experiencing Family Violence
This introductory training provides a framework for practitioners on how to respond appropriately and safely to someone experiencing family violence, with a focus for the day will be upon the overarching concepts of coercive control, entrapment and resistance.
Please note: This is not appropriate training for a workplace response to support employees experiencing domestic violence. Click here for our workplace training.
This training is an opportunity to participate in an interactive day of training and to be part of a community of support and learning.
The learning objectives for this training are to:
- Deepen understanding of the complexity and the effects of family violence and the consequent impact on a person’s dignity, wellbeing and ability to self-determine
- Build an awareness of family violence theories including the concepts of coercive control, entrapment and resistance which inform a response-based practice
- Recognise that children are directly impacted by family violence and that coercive control causes ongoing harm
- Learn and practise the ‘Six Step Recognise Respond Refer’ brief intervention model
This training is suitable: for people working in social services, health, education or any area that brings them into contact with adults, children, or families.
Shine trainers are experienced educators and practitioners in the field of domestic violence, which ensures a rich learning experience for attendees.
Training Dates (all training days are 9am to 4pm):
- Tuesday, 26 October 2021
- Tuesday, 2 November 2021
- Tuesday, 15 February 2022
- Tuesday, 14 June 2022
Training Venue: Shine office, Ground Floor, 409 New North Rd, Kingsland
*If cost is a barrier to you or anyone in your organisation attending this training, please let us know and we will try to find a way to accommodate you. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Register now: to book a space on your preferred date by clicking on your selected date in the dropdown box at the bottom of this page, adding to your cart, then going to your shopping cart to finish your registration.
If you wish to be sent an invoice for payment instead, please contact us.
Lunch and refreshments provided.
Dietary requirements: When you register, please email email@example.com with any dietary requirements, i.e. vegetarian, vegan, or gluten free. We will do our best to accommodate your dietary requirements.
Please arrive in plenty of time to find parking on Bond Street or surrounding streets.
Download map of parking around Shine’s Kingsland office
- 10 WORKING DAYS OR MORE or more prior to course date: you are eligible for a full refund of payment minus $20 admin fee, or you may reschedule at no additional charge
- 4-9 WORKING DAYS prior to course date: you are eligible for a refund of 50% of your training fee, or you may reschedule to a later date at no additional charge
- 3 WORKING DAYS OR LESS prior to course date: No refunds, however you may reschedule to a later training date for an additional fee of 50% of your training fee
- If the course you register for is cancelled by Shine, you may elect to have your payment refunded or reschedule to a later training date.
Please note: If you register for this training and Auckland moves into a COVID alert level 3 or 4, we will notify you of the training cancellation as soon as possible, and you may choose to either transfer your registration to another training date or receive a full refund.
In order to request a refund or to reschedule your training date, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
$264.00 incl. GST