Level 3 – Two Day Advanced Training (in-person in Auckland)
Increase your professional abilities and skills with our advanced level interactive training. This training is structured to build a deeper understanding of the entrapment model of family violence presented in Levels 1 and 2. Over the two days Shine RESPOND will bring together experts from Shine’s services alongside guest speakers who are specialists in their respective fields. Each speaker will provide expert insight into different elements of the entrapment model. Throughout this training, there will be opportunities to build comprehension and confidence to recognise and mitigate entrapment in ways that uphold dignity and build on safety for people experiencing family violence.
Prerequisite: Level 1 Introductory Training or relevant on-the-job knowledge or experience.
“Eye opening training to the different aspects of abuse. The incorporation of guest speakers in different fields awareness was awesome.” – Apr 21
“Excellent two days – I would highly recommend! Great to connect working in the service of violence.” – Oct 2020
“Something for everyone. Great speakers – well organised.” – Oct 2020
“Such a wonderful training – lessons learned and environment – great facilitators. Guest speakers were amazing.” – Jul 2020
- Further develop an understanding regarding concepts of coercive control, entrapment and resistance which inform a response-based approach
- Explore the complexity of risk and safety for people experiencing violence, and ways of responding that uphold dignity and wellbeing
- Understand the broader societal contexts that are present for people who are experiencing domestic violence including: awareness of cultural perceptions, dynamics of gender, rainbow communities (LGBTQI) and people with disabilities
- Discuss change pathways for men who use violence
- Develop and maintain safe practice
Scheduled Training Dates (training days are 9am to 4pm):
- Tuesday 2nd & Wednesday 3rd May 2023
Training Venue: Shine Training Centre, Ground Floor, 409 New North Rd, Kingsland
Register now: to book your space, click on your preferred date in the dropdown box at the bottom of this page, add to your cart, then proceed to your shopping cart to finish the registration process.
If you require an invoice for payment instead, please contact us.
Programme and payment enquiries:
Phone 09 815 4601 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lunch and refreshments provided.
When you register, please email email@example.com with any dietary requirements, i.e. vegetarian, vegan, or gluten free. We will do our best to accommodate all dietary requirements within reason.
Please arrive in plenty of time to find parking on Bond Street or surrounding streets. Download map of parking around Shine’s Kingsland office
- 10 WORKING DAYS OR MORE or more prior to course date: you are eligible for a full refund of payment minus $20 admin fee, or you may reschedule at no additional charge
- 4-9 WORKING DAYS prior to course date: you are eligible for a refund of 50% of your training fee, or you may reschedule to a later date at no additional charge
- 3 WORKING DAYS OR LESS prior to course date: No refunds, however you may reschedule to a later training date for an additional fee of 50% of your training fee
- If the course you register for is cancelled by Shine, you may elect to have your payment refunded or reschedule to a later training date.
Please note: If you register for this training and Auckland moves into a COVID alert level 3 or 4, we will notify you of the training cancellation as soon as possible, and you may choose to either transfer your registration to another training date or receive a full refund.
In order to request a refund or to reschedule your training date, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
$954.50 incl. GST