Level 2 – One Day Foundation Skills (in-person)
Increase and hone your skills to provide comprehensive practical support to people experiencing family violence. Build on your existing understanding and experience to explore the complexity of risk and how to make accurate assessments and understand client-led and client-centered interventions. Using case-based learning, you will learn how to make in-depth risk assessments and develop safe strategies and plans to provide effective and useful support mechanisms to people experiencing family violence. Expand your understanding of safety, dignity and wellbeing within the broader societal context of family violence. This 1-day training can be tailored to provide a bespoke session aligned with your organisational processes and specific context.
Prerequisite: Level 1 Introductory Training or relevant on-the-job knowledge or experience.
“Informative, inspirational, challenging thought and action. Some very touching moments in presentations.” – October
- Explore the complexity of risk and how to make accurate assessments
- Understanding client-led and client-centered interventions for people experiencing violence
- Developing ways of safety strategising that provide effective and useful support to people experiencing violence.
Scheduled Training Dates (training days are 9am to 4pm):
- Tuesday 22nd March 2022
- Tuesday 5th July 2022
- Tuesday 18th October 2022
Training Venue: Shine office, Ground Floor, 409 New North Rd, Kingsland
Register now: to book your space, click on your preferred date in the dropdown box at the bottom of this page, add to your cart, then proceed to your shopping cart to finish the registration process.
If you require an invoice for payment instead, please contact us.
Programme and payment enquiries:
Phone 09 815 4601 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*If cost is a barrier to offering this training to your organisation, please chat to us about options that may be available. Contact: email@example.com
Lunch and refreshments provided.
When you register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any dietary requirements, i.e. vegetarian, vegan, or gluten free. We will do our best to accommodate all dietary requirements within reason.
Please arrive in plenty of time to find parking on Bond Street or surrounding streets. Download map of parking around Shine’s Kingsland office
Special rates are available for NFPs – please get in touch to find out more.
- 10 WORKING DAYS OR MORE or more prior to course date: you are eligible for a full refund of payment minus $20 admin fee, or you may reschedule at no additional charge
- 4-9 WORKING DAYS prior to course date: you are eligible for a refund of 50% of your training fee, or you may reschedule to a later date at no additional charge
- 3 WORKING DAYS OR LESS prior to course date: No refunds, however you may reschedule to a later training date for an additional fee of 50% of your training fee
- If the course you register for is cancelled by Shine, you may elect to have your payment refunded or reschedule to a later training date.
Please note: If you register for this training and Auckland moves into a COVID alert level 3 or 4, we will notify you of the training cancellation as soon as possible, and you may choose to either transfer your registration to another training date or receive a full refund.
In order to request a refund or to reschedule your training date, please email email@example.com.
$414.00 incl. GST