Level 2 – One Day Foundational Skills (in-person)
Increase and hone your skills to provide comprehensive practical support to people experiencing family violence. Build on your existing understanding and experience to explore the complexity of risk and how to make accurate assessments and understand client-led and client-centered interventions. Using case-based learning, you will learn how to make in-depth risk assessments and develop safe strategies and plans to provide effective and useful support mechanisms to people experiencing family violence. Expand your understanding of safety, dignity and wellbeing when working with people impacted by family violence.. This 1-day training can be tailored to provide a bespoke session aligned with your organisational processes and specific context.
Prerequisite: Level 1 Introductory Training or relevant on-the-job knowledge or experience.
“Informative, inspirational, challenging thought and action. Some very touching moments in presentations.” – October
Learning Objectives for the training are:
- Understand Response-based practice (RBP) as an approach to engagement with clients.
- Explore the complexity of risk and how to make accurate assessments.
- Develop ways of tailored safety strategising that provide effective and useful support to people experiencing violence.
Scheduled Training Dates (training days are 9am to 4pm):
- Tuesday 5th March 2024
- Thursday 9th May 2024
- Thursday 8th August 2024
- Tuesday 5th November 2024
Training Venue: Shine Training Centre, Ground Floor, 409 New North Rd, Kingsland
Register now: to book your space, click on your preferred date in the dropdown box at the bottom of this page, add to your cart, then proceed to your shopping cart to finish the registration process.
Lunch and refreshments provided.
When you register, please email email@example.com with any dietary requirements, i.e. vegetarian, vegan, or gluten free. We will do our best to accommodate all dietary requirements within reason.
Please arrive in plenty of time to find parking on Bond Street or surrounding streets. Download map of parking around Shine’s Kingsland office
- 10 WORKING DAYS OR MORE or more prior to course date: you are eligible for a full refund of payment minus $20 admin fee, or you may reschedule at no additional charge
- 4-9 WORKING DAYS prior to course date: you are eligible for a refund of 50% of your training fee, or you may reschedule to a later date at no additional charge
- 3 WORKING DAYS OR LESS prior to course date: No refunds, however you may reschedule to a later training date for an additional fee of 50% of your training fee
- If the course you register for is cancelled by Shine, you may elect to have your payment refunded or reschedule to a later training date.
Please note: If you register for this training and Auckland moves into a COVID alert level 3 or 4, we will notify you of the training cancellation as soon as possible, and you may choose to either transfer your registration to another training date or receive a full refund.
In order to request a refund or to reschedule your training date, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
$414.00 incl. GST