Level 1 – One Day Introductory Training (in-person or online)
An introductory training course for working and responding appropriately and safely with people experiencing family violence. This training will expand your awareness into an understanding of the impact family violence has on families and build your knowledge of the complexity of family violence and the effect on a person’s dignity and wellbeing. Learn and practice the Recognise/Respond/Refer model with real case studies. Entrapment theory, coercive control and resistance are explored interactively and the impact of violence on families and children is examined. This 1-day training can be tailored to provide a bespoke session aligned with your organisational processes and specific context. An online option (2 x half days) is also available.
Prerequisite: No prerequisite required at Level 1
“Lots of new information even as someone with a background in the area. Very practical for practitioners. Very valuable frameworks – entrapment model, recognise-respond-refer. Gave me more confidence in how to support someone” – Nov
“This was an amazing training! Really valuable as a practitioner in increasing knowledge, but also learning really practical tools and skills for responding to our clients” – Nov
“Just thanks so much for having me. Was also great to connect with the others in the training in all their sectors” – Nov
“Appreciate how you honour clients voice, journey and also recognised impact on children without putting down users of violence” – Mar
“Professional and personal, I enjoyed the delivery, with current information” – Mar
“It is an informative course that gave me the tools I needed to help me to understand more about Family Violence” – Mar
“Just wanted to say a HUGE thank you to yourself and your co-facilitators for the teaching you’ve shared with us. It’s been really good, helpful, insightful teaching and I have appreciated not only the content and safety you created around it all, but also the fact that I felt seen and included despite my technology difficulties” – Nov (online)
- Deepen understanding of the complexity and the effects of family violence and the consequent impact on a person’s dignity, wellbeing and ability to self-determine
- Build an awareness of family violence theories including the concepts of coercive control, entrapment and resistance which inform a response-based practice
- Recognise that children are directly impacted by family violence and that coercive control causes ongoing harm
- Learn and practice the Recognise, Respond, Refer model
Scheduled Training Dates (in-person training days are 9am to 4pm, online are held from 9am to 12:30 pm):
- Tuesday 4th and Wednesday 5th April 2023 (Online)
- Tuesday 30th May 2023 (Christchurch)
- Tuesday 6th June 2023 (Auckland)
In-Person Training Venue (Auckland): Shine Training Centre, Ground Floor, 409 New North Rd, Kingsland
In-Person Training Venue (Christchurch): We will confirm this in 2023.
Online Training: attendees must have access to Zoom – on PC or Tablet ideally. Please use the Zoom link emailed to each registrant to join the session 5 minutes prior to start time. You must attend both training days.
Register now: to book your space, click on your preferred date in the dropdown box at the bottom of this page, add to your cart, then proceed to your shopping cart to finish the registration process. Or please use our enquiry form to ask about more online date options.
If you require an invoice for payment instead, please contact us.
Programme and payment enquiries:
Phone 09 815 4601 or email email@example.com
Lunch and refreshments provided.
When you register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any dietary requirements, i.e. vegetarian, vegan, or gluten free. We will do our best to accommodate all dietary requirements within reason.
Please arrive in plenty of time to find parking on Bond Street or surrounding streets. Download map of parking around Shine’s Kingsland office
- 10 WORKING DAYS OR MORE or more prior to course date: you are eligible for a full refund of payment minus $20 admin fee, or you may reschedule at no additional charge
- 4-9 WORKING DAYS prior to course date: you are eligible for a refund of 50% of your training fee, or you may reschedule to a later date at no additional charge
- 3 WORKING DAYS OR LESS prior to course date: No refunds, however you may reschedule to a later training date for an additional fee of 50% of your training fee
- If the course you register for is cancelled by Shine, you may elect to have your payment refunded or reschedule to a later training date.
Please note: If you register for this training and Auckland moves into a COVID alert level 3 or 4, we will notify you of the training cancellation as soon as possible, and you may choose to either transfer your registration to another training date or receive a full refund.
In order to request a refund or to reschedule your training date, please email email@example.com.
$414.00 incl. GST