Family Violence General Awareness Session (Groups only, online & in-person) 3.5 hours
$1,500+gst per group (max 30 attendees) online or in person – Date by arrangement, please enquire via our enquiry form
This is an entry level course provided to groups, that will increase their general awareness of family violence; what it is, and the impacts on dignity and wellbeing of living with violence. At a topline level it covers the New Zealand law on family violence, will give you simple responses to use when working with someone experiencing family violence and where/how to safely refer someone experiencing family violence.
“I would definitely recommend this course to others, I thought it was a very valuable training. It was well planned, well presented and the space felt very safe. Anyone working in violence prevention would benefit from this training, even if it is simply to get a reality check on what too many women are experiencing.”
“Provided me with a good level of knowledge and understanding, as well as strategies to manage domestic violence situations – in essence, very useful to anyone in a clinical role to undertake this foundation level of training.”
“Thank you so much! Happy to have been a part of this insightful and valuable training.”
- Build an awareness of the complexity of family violence and impact on a person’s dignity and wellbeing.
- Learn where to safely refer people experiencing family violence.
Online Training Dates (training times are 9am to 12.30 pm):
- Personalised dates by arrangement only: Please register your interest via our enquiry form to discuss date options.
Delivery: online – attendees must have access to Zoom – on PC or Tablet ideally. Please use the Zoom link emailed to each registrant to join the session 5 minutes prior to start time.
Register now: to register your interest in booking a particular date for your group, please use our enquiry form to get in touch.
Programme and payment enquiries:
Phone 09 815 4601 or email email@example.com.
*If cost is a barrier to offering this training to your organisation, please chat to us about options that may be available. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Special rates are available for NFPs – please get in touch to find out more.
- 10 WORKING DAYS OR MORE or more prior to course date: you are eligible for a full refund of payment minus $20 admin fee, or you may reschedule at no additional charge
- 4-9 WORKING DAYS prior to course date: you are eligible for a refund of 50% of your training fee, or you may reschedule to a later date at no additional charge
- 3 WORKING DAYS OR LESS prior to course date: No refunds, however you may reschedule to a later training date for an additional fee of 50% of your training fee
- If the course you register for is cancelled by Shine, you may elect to have your payment refunded or reschedule to a later training date.
Please note: If you register for this training and Auckland moves into a COVID alert level 3 or 4, we will notify you of the training cancellation as soon as possible, and you may choose to either transfer your registration to another training date or receive a full refund.
In order to request a refund or to reschedule your training date, please email email@example.com.
$1,725.00 incl. GST