Family Violence General Awareness Session (Groups only, online & in-person) 3.5 hours
Date by arrangement, please contact us for a quote.
This is an entry level course provided to groups, that will increase their general awareness of family violence; what it is, and the impacts on dignity and wellbeing of living with violence. At a topline level it covers the New Zealand law on family violence, will give you simple responses to use when working with someone experiencing family violence and where/how to safely refer someone experiencing family violence.
“I would definitely recommend this course to others, I thought it was a very valuable training. It was well planned, well presented and the space felt very safe. Anyone working in violence prevention would benefit from this training, even if it is simply to get a reality check on what too many women are experiencing.”
“Provided me with a good level of knowledge and understanding, as well as strategies to manage domestic violence situations – in essence, very useful to anyone in a clinical role to undertake this foundation level of training.”
“Thank you so much! Happy to have been a part of this insightful and valuable training.”
- Build an awareness of the complexity of family violence and impact on a person’s dignity and wellbeing.
- Learn where to safely refer people experiencing family violence.
Online Training Dates (training times are 9am to 12.30 pm):
- Personalised dates by arrangement only: Please register your interest via our enquiry form to discuss date options.
Delivery: this training can be delivered in-person or online.
Register now: to register your interest in booking a particular date for your group, please use our enquiry form to get in touch.
- 10 WORKING DAYS OR MORE or more prior to course date: you are eligible for a full refund of payment minus $20 admin fee, or you may reschedule at no additional charge
- 4-9 WORKING DAYS prior to course date: you are eligible for a refund of 50% of your training fee, or you may reschedule to a later date at no additional charge
- 3 WORKING DAYS OR LESS prior to course date: No refunds, however you may reschedule to a later training date for an additional fee of 50% of your training fee
- If the course you register for is cancelled by Shine, you may elect to have your payment refunded or reschedule to a later training date.
Please note: If you register for this training and Auckland moves into a COVID alert level 3 or 4, we will notify you of the training cancellation as soon as possible, and you may choose to either transfer your registration to another training date or receive a full refund.
In order to request a refund or to reschedule your training date, please email email@example.com.