Guidelines for a DVFREE Workplace
To help make the workplace safe and supportive for employees experiencing domestic violence.
OR purchase a printed copy of the Guidelines here for just $30. Purchase price includes postage – only available within New Zealand.
These Guidelines provide a model for a best practice domestic violence workplace programme where:
- Employees impacted by domestic/family violence feel safe and supported at work
- Domestic/family violence is not tolerated or excused; the workplace promotes and supports respectful behaviour within domestic/family relationships
- All employees know what to do if a work colleague is experiencing or perpetrating domestic/family violence
- Workplace support for employees impacted by domestic/family violence exceeds legislative requirements under the Domestic Violence Victims Protection Act 2018 and other laws
The Guidelines provide essential recommendations, with background information and additional suggestions, to help employers achieve the above aims
- Policy purpose, key principles, defining the problem
- Awareness raising for all staff (see Shine’s FREE online learning module)
- Help-seeking pathway and ‘First Responders’
- Supporting staff who experience domestic violence:
- Domestic violence leave and flexible working conditions
- Workplace safety planning
- Specialist community services and the appropriate role of EAP
- Performance and discipline issues
- Response to staff who perpetrate domestic violence
- Response to workplace incidents of domestic violence
- Domestic violence training for staff
- Confidentiality, information sharing and storage, and data-gathering
- Avoiding the use of stigmatising labels
Disclaimer: The Guidelines provide recommendations and suggestions for policy and procedures relating to the management of domestic violence issues affecting employment. The recommendations and suggestions are necessarily high level and general in nature. The Guidelines have been provided for information purposes only, and are not intended to provide, and should not be relied upon, for legal advice or recommendation of any action in relation to a specific employment situation. Any third parties who access the information within these Guidelines should seek specific professional advice before taking any employment action in relation to the matters dealt with in this section of the Guidelines.
DVFREE also supports businesses with responding to customers who experience domestic violence.
Read more at www.dvfree.org.nz about DVFREE training, consultation, and the DVFREE Tick accreditation.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Our DVFREE e-news will alert subscribers when we revise or update our Guidelines. Subscribe to DVFREE e-news at the bottom of the DVFREE homepage.
|Shipping||Normally within 10 working days|
|Postage||Included – only in New Zealand|
|Product Pickup||If you would like to pick up your item(s) (Mon – Friday except holidays, between 9am – 5pm from Shine office: Ground floor, 409 New North Road, Kingsland), just select ‘Pick Up From Shine Office’ under Shipping in the Checkout page.|
$30.00 incl. GST