DVFREE Family Violence Training for Workplace Support People
Delivered by family violence specialists, this training is critical for preparing your ‘First Responders’ to provide safe and effective support for employees, while maintaining professional boundaries. Training is available either in-person or online.
Well over 1,000 people have participated in DVFREE Workplace Training for ‘First Responders’ (workplace support people), and 100% recommend this training to other professionals.
“Good practical advice that provides an easy to use framework for intervention and support.”
“It’s sufficiently comprehensive to leave you feeling prepared to take up the first responder role, but not overwhelming. I was a little anxious prior to training because of the subject matter, but it was delivered in a reassuring way.”
“Learnt a great deal. Good mix of general education and skills building. Pace and facilitator was excellent.”
This Training will prepare your ‘First Responders’ to:
- recognise signs that someone may be experiencing domestic violence
- respond safely and supportively
- refer to a specialist domestic violence organisation
- offer and provide workplace support, including workplace safety planning
- understand issues around confidentiality and information sharing
- support managers with team members experiencing domestic violence
- explain the appropriate role of EAP in a workplace response to domestic violence
- understand professional boundaries
- understand when and how to seek advice for supporting an employee
- understand, at a high level, an appropriate employer response to staff who perpetrate domestic violence
Inhouse training option: For larger workplaces that want to train a group of First Responders, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about inhouse training delivered at your venue, or online if First Responders are across multiple sites. Inhouse training means discussion can focus exclusively on your workplace environment. It is also the most efficient use of your staff time, and helps strengthen relationships between First Responders so they can support each other in the role.
Refer to our FREE Guidelines for Policy & Procedures for practical advice on appointing and supporting First Responders, staff policies, procedures, awareness raising and more.
NOTE: A maximum of four people from any one organisation may register for a training session.
Training Locations / Dates:
Auckland – held at the Shine office at 409 New North Road, Kingsland, Auckland (9am-4pm)
- 15 March 2022
- 17 May 2022
Christchurch – held at Westpac on The Terrace, Level 4, 81 Cashel Street, downtown (9am-4pm)
- 9 November 2021
- 14 June 2022
Online training via Zoom – (9am-12.30pm both days):
- 16 & 17 November 2021
Online training requirements: Each participant must use a separate laptop or desktop with audio and video capability, with a headset if there are others nearby, and be available for a brief individual session before the training. We will send out Zoom links for sessions ahead of time. More about Zoom technology requirements at www.zoom.us.
Register now to book a space on your preferred date by clicking on your selected date in the dropdown box at the bottom of this page, adding to your cart, then going to your shopping cart to finish your registration.
If you wish to be sent an invoice for payment instead, please contact us.
Workshop or payment enquiries:
- 10 WORKING DAYS OR MORE or more prior to course date: you are eligible for a full refund of payment minus $20 admin fee, or you may reschedule at no additional charge
- 4-9 WORKING DAYS prior to course date: you are eligible for a refund of 50% of your training fee, or you may reschedule to a later date at no additional charge
- 3 WORKING DAYS OR LESS prior to course date: No refunds, however you may reschedule to a later training date for an additional fee of 50% of your training fee
- If the course you register for is cancelled by Shine, you may elect to have your payment refunded or reschedule to a later training date.
Please note: If you register for this training and Auckland moves into a COVID alert level 3 or 4, we will notify you of the training cancellation as soon as possible, and you may choose to either transfer your registration to another training date or receive a full refund.
In order to request a refund or to reschedule your training date, please email email@example.com.
$414.00 incl. GST