Thank you for stepping up to support victims of domestic violence, especially over the past few months. We were and are, incredibly fortunate to receive amazing support from our community – from individuals and organisations wanting to ensure everyone was able to get safe and stay safe during these difficult times.
We would like to express our heartfelt thanks to the following organisations and individuals:
- Ministry of Social Development for funding to cover emergency accommodation, food, clothing and Prezzy cards for victims to access the essentials – medication, formula and children’s needs.
- Corrections New Zealand staff who used their vans to courier emergency food and clothing parcels to those who needed them
- NZ Police who were so helpful in critical responses and getting victims into emergency accommodation on our behalf
- Shine’s charity partner and leading insurance provider Suncorp which donated $100,000 for the COVID19 response
- Driving Miss Daisy drivers who delivered emergency food, clothing, and phones, and transported clients to safety
- Uber which provided 500 vouchers of two rides each to transport victims to Shine and other family violence services
- Spark which donated 20 urgently-needed phones with data, to victims
- Betty Cares Foundation which provided essential clothing packs
- Kiwi Harvest which supplied fresh food every week to support clients in refuge and in emergency accommodation
- I Got Your Back Pack provided packs for women (toiletries and essentials) and backpacks for children
- Sikh Aware bought and delivered groceries for clients including those in the Shine men’s programme
- Several motels that provided emergency accommodation and went the extra mile to help victims feel safe and comforted
- Natalie Quirk – an amazing lawyer who went above and beyond to get Protection Orders processed quickly.
Individual supporters who donated and raised funds, including:
- Virginia who celebrated her 80th birthday by asking family and friends to donate to Shine
- @Leanne_Prichard and @Ellefit_nz which led an 80s aerobics class on Instagram Live, raising over $1k
- Rebekah Codlin Art donated 10% of sales of her art to Shine during Level 4
- Artist @hanna.shim created facemasks to sell with proceeds going to Shine
- Reuben & Magnus shaved their heads as a fundraiser in the first week of isolation
- Philip Kelly Turntable paintings exhibition on Visions.Art donated 10% of proceeds
- Everyone who did the Instagram 5k, $10, 5 nominations challenge
- Every one of the Team of 5 million who by eliminating COVID19, made it possible for our country to open-up and ensure victims could get help and get safe
And a huge thank you to everyone who continues to give and everyone who responded to our call for groceries in the past few weeks. Annee who manages our donations said:
“We have had an unbelievable response. People have come in carrying what they can – from one or two grocery bags to lots of them. They’ve put great thought into what is needed, too. We have had Prezzy cards brought in as well, with beautiful messages written on the back. It has been a real eye opener how people rally around and give when needed.”
Thank you for your kindness and your generosity.