Sunday, 28 February 2021
It’s time to run domestic violence out of town!
Join Team Shine for Ports of Auckland Round the Bays 2021 to shine a light on domestic violence.
Round the Bays is a fun run but for our more competitive supporters, we have Shine’s ‘Champions of Change’ challenge… see details below.
If you’re ready to run domestic violence out of town then join us:
1. Register to participate in Round the Bays here. To get 20% off your entry fee, drop Carol a line for a promo code at firstname.lastname@example.org, but be quick – these are strictly limited! You can enter as an individual or create a team page to run, jog or walk with your family, friends or workmates along 8.4km of Auckland’s stunning waterfront.
2. Create your own Grassrootz fundraising page by going to the Team Shine page and select ‘Start Fundraising’. When you join Team Shine, you’ll have access to awesome resources and support for your fundraising.
- Shine’s support crew cheering you loudly and proudly
- Post-run hospitality and celebration with the Shine team – including BBQ!
Every $250 raised can change the life of a family by covering the cost of a Shine advocate’s urgent callout to a family after an arrest. You’ll be saving lives with every dollar raised. Our target for Team Shine in this year’s Round the Bays is $30,000, which will help us support over 120 families!
Become Champions of Change
Challenge our current ‘Champions of Change’ Bell Gully, for the 2021 title and trophy by taking part in Round the Bays for Shine. The trophy will be awarded to the team (or individual) with the highest points on 21st March.
So how do you earn points?
- 1 point for every dollar raised
- 200 points for the best social media post*
- 250 points to the second best orange team on the day **
- 300 points to the best dressed orange team on the day **
*To be considered for the ‘best social media post’ you have to follow Shine on Facebook (shinenz) or Instagram (2shine_nz), tag Shine and use the hashtag #ShineRTB2021.
** Photos to be sent to Shine before 13 March 2021.
If you have any questions, contact Carol on 021 923 548 or email@example.com .
If Round the Bays has to be cancelled or there are concerns with any Team Shine members, we would ask everyone to complete the 8.4km around their local area at their own convenience, while adhering to any government covid-19 restrictions during the weeks following 28th February. We will look into asking participants to send in photos and timings and also update everyone who has donated